Assistant Executive Director
The Waterville Opera House is seeking an Assistant Executive Director to assist in overseeing the operations of a non profit theatre.
This is a full time, hourly position. Hours will vary, but do include nights, weekends, and occasional overtime. The successful candidate is a creative, dedicated, trustworthy individual with leadership skills, computer skills, and writing skills.
- Supervision of Opera House staff
- Grant writing
- Creating and running reports
- Assisting with preparing annual budget
- Coordinating with rental groups
- Reviewing and creating contracts
- House management during performances
- Preparing annual program book including recruiting local businesses to advertise
- Customer service
- Calendar management
- Various other administrative tasks including, but not limited to: ticket sales, phone reception, email, etc
- Other duties as needed
- College degree is preferred
- Familiarity with non-profit development
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years of related experience
- Microsoft Office skills (particularly Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and with our team
- Ability to be flexible and work within a creative environment
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter (in pdf format) to email@example.com. Only email correspondence will be accepted, please no phone calls. Wage will be commensurate with experience. Hiring decision will be made in early April.
The Waterville Opera House is an 800 seat, proscenium theater. Annually, WOH produces 5 community theatre productions and hosts many dance performances, comedians, concerts, live broadcasts, films, and other events. WOH is an equal opportunity employer and a 501c3 non-profit.