Assistant Executive Director
The Waterville Opera House is seeking an Assistant Executive Director to assist in overseeing the operations of a non profit theatre.
This is a full time, hourly position. Hours will vary, but do include nights, weekends, and occasional overtime. The successful candidate is a creative, dedicated, trustworthy individual with leadership skills, computer skills, and writing skills.
- Supervision of Opera House staff
- Grant writing
- Creating and running reports
- Assisting with preparing annual budget
- Coordinating with rental groups
- Reviewing and creating contracts
- House management during performances
- Preparing annual program book including recruiting local businesses to advertise
- Customer service
- Calendar management
- Various other administrative tasks including, but not limited to: ticket sales, phone reception, email, etc
- Other duties as needed
- College degree is preferred
- Familiarity with non-profit development
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years of related experience
- Microsoft Office skills (particularly Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and with our team
- Ability to be flexible and work within a creative environment
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only email correspondence will be accepted, please no phone calls. Wage will be commensurate with experience.
The Waterville Opera House is an 800 seat, proscenium theater. Annually, WOH produces 5 community theatre productions and hosts many dance performances, comedians, concerts, live broadcasts, films, and other events. WOH is an equal opportunity employer and a 501c3 non-profit.